A continuation from the Maxi Dolphin semi-custom MD65 line, ADASTRA, a custom Brenta MD66 was designed by Luca Brenta and launched in 2010 as the perfect example of the true synergy between the high quality build of Maxi Dolphin and the design ingenuity of Luca Brenta.
Currently configured for effortless short-handed fast cruising, she boasts an extremely high specification including:-
• 3-cabin, 3-heads interior layout with additional crew cabin with crew heads forward
• Yanmar 125hp diesel engine
• Retractable anchor arm
• Retractable dedicated mooring winch
• Tender garage at stern
• Carbon rig with Park Avenue boom and carbon rigging and no backstay
• Powered winches
• Fully-battened mainsail system with battencars
• Updated sail wardrobe
• 24vDC electrics
• 10kw Fischer Panda generator
• Fridge & freezers
• B&G instruments with mast-mounted 20/20’s
The layout of ADASTRA features a ‘boat owner’ style in the arrangement of the environments, while the décor carries the hallmark of minimalism played on white and on few essential elements of dark timber. As to the interior design, the area at prow was completely innovated and features a real suite in which the double-bed is placed with the headboard towards the prow. Also the central area stands out from the earlier MD65. The chart table and the kitchen (connected with a crew cabin lat stern) are located in two closed rooms, separated from the living room. This way a refined living room with the dining area on the left and a long couch on the starboard side was created. At stern there is the only twin bed room intended for the guests, equipped with a large bathroom.