Shogun Yachts 43
GODSPEED is a factory-owned and maintained demonstrator example of the Oscar & Håkan Södergren designed Shogun 43 performance cruiser, constructed in collaboration with Linjett Yachts in Sweden.
Developed as the second model in a lineup headed by the acclaimed Shogun 50 ‘LADYKILLER’, GODSPEED took an incredible 7,000hrs to build, with construction taking place at Linjett Yachts, the oldest and arguably most respected and conservative yacht manufacturer in Sweden.
As with the Shogun 50, the objective with the Shogun 43 is to create the ultimate all carbon speed monster with a focus on fast cruising rather than results around the cans (although it will also be formidable in this arena!) Up until now, those who like to cruise (really) fast have had to opt for racing yachts along with all the compromises on comfort and practicality that come with them… the Shogun 43 changes this, something that has already been picked up by the international yachting press with nominations for the prestigious 2024 European Yacht of the Year awards and the 2023 British Yachting Awards.
Used solely for demonstration purposes, magazine reviews and display at the 2023 Barcelona Boatshow, GODSPEED is now offered for immediate delivery to make way for the next hull which will soon be ready for launch.
Her specification highlights include:-
- Carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich construction
- Metallic grey topsides
- Synthetic decking
- Axe bow profile with integral spray sails
- Carbin fibre keel blade with lead t-bulb
- Selden carbon fibre mast and Park-Avenue boom
- Carbon fibre standing rigging
- Hydraulic mast-jack
- Full North racing sail wardrobe with 3Di square-top mainsail, jib, staysails, spinnakers, asymmetrics and code sails.
- Antal electric mainsail traveller
- Load-cell displays for backstays and jib
- Antal winches in cockpit plus additional Selden electric halyard/control line winches at companionway
- Ubi Maior subdeck furler
- Jefa steering with twin carbon wheels
- Victron Energy electrics with Lithium-ion batteries, charger and inverter
- B&G instruments with plotters, autopilot, H5000 system and AIS transceiver
- Eberspacher heating
- Full galley equipment
- Electric heads