Nautor Swan 55 CC
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Originally commissioned and launched in 1995 for Nautor Swan’s luxury Caribbean charter fleet, ASTRA (ex LUCIE) is hull number 17 of 22 Nautor Swan 55/57’s built between 1988 and 1997. Configured with the more modern ‘Family Cruiser’ interior layout, she benefits from a fantastic aft owner’s statement, fully usable at sea thanks to an offset double berth to starboard and further single to port, VIP double cabin forward and guest bunk cabin amidships. Two large heads compartments complete with separate shower cubicles add to the comfort.
On deck, ASTRA’s graceful German Frers hull lines are further accentuated by her factory extended reverse transom profile which further add to a relative sense of modernity on top of a classic Frers hull shape, unmistakable by her low freeboard and slippery underwater profile.
Purchased directly from Nautor Swan by her current owners in 2006, she has remained in this second UK-based private ownership ever since. Following many seasons of extensive cruising, ASTRA returned to the UK for a comprehensive refit in 2019/2020 which included the removal of her aging teak decks and professionally fill, fair and Awlgrip painting to create a zero-maintenance finish well-suited to many more years of world-cruising adventures. Returning back to European waters prior to the end of 2020 to preserve her European VAT paid status, ASTRA has since enjoyed cruising the West Coast of Scotland and Outer Hebrides before heading back to the S.Coast and then across Biscay and into the Mediterranean arriving in Preveza, Greece during the summer of 2022.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Versatile 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout with usable sea-berths.
• Extended reverse transom hull profile.
• Standard 2.60m draft keel.
• Original white gelcoat hull.
• Perkins M135 naturally-aspirated 6-cylinder 120hp engine with 3-bladed MaxProp propeller.
• Recently replaced Navtec rod standing rigging.
• Recent Kemp mainsail and genoa.
• Conventional battened mainsail system with low-friction Harken battencar system.
• Reckman genoa furler plus further inner forestay for hank-on staysail.
• Symmetrical spinnaker.
• Lewmar self-tailing winch package.
• Westerbeke 9.4kw generator.
• Recently replaced service battery bank.
• Mastervolt battery charger and 1,500w inverter.
• Sea Recovery 236lph reverse osmosis watermaker.
• Preparation for air-conditioning and heating system
• 24vDC ventilation fans throughout.
• Updated 24vDC fridge and freezer compressors (replacing original 220vAC/engine driven compressors).
• Microwave oven.
• Freshwater vacuum heads.
• Recently installed full Raymarine navigation instrument package with radar, plotters, pilot and AIS
• Iridium satellite phone system with external antenna.
• Icom SSB transceiver with backstay antenna (requires new tuner).
• Tender & outboard
Note:- It is our understanding that ASTRA can be sold as either a EU VAT paid or UK VAT paid vessel. To retain her UK VAT paid status, she would need to be repatriated to UK waters via professional delivery or transport to the cost of the buyer. Please contact us for further information.