Knierim Yachtbau Brenta 60
Originally launched at Knierim Yachtbau in Germany in 2009 as ‘UCA’ with a build-cost in excess of Euro 2,000,000, ‘SURF’ is arguably the ultimate ‘performance weekender’ afloat today. Designed by Luca Brenta Yacht Design, regarded by many as the originators of the concept, SURF boasts performance and elegance in spades, while remaining true to the Brenta mantra of effortless push-button control and blistering performance.
With a full carbon fibre hull, carbon rudder, Weldox blade keel, Hall Spars carbon mast and V-boom, and suit of North 3Di carbon sails, SURF’s sporting intent is quite clear and in her current ownership, SURF has competed well under ORCi rating (certificate available on request). With push-button Harken winches and Carboni hydraulic Magictrim taking care of the push-button sailing aspect, a newly installed C-Station joystick control system for the retractable bow and stern thruster and with the gear and throttle controls from the recently installed Volvo D2-75 engine, allowing effortless mooring and manouvering. Below decks, SURF boasts a super-stylish interior by John Pawson with owner’s suite forward and twin guest cabins aft.
Following a grounding in the Stockholm Archipelago 2016, SURF was recovered back to Stockholm and moved to Gothenburg where she was surveyed before necessary repairs and a comprehensive refit commenced. The refit included replacement of her electric and navigational systems, engine, standing rigging and numerous updates across the whole boat. Her specification highlights include:
· Carbon fibre hull – ultrasonically tested 2017
· Teak laid decks
· Halls Spars carbon mast and V-boom with recently replaced PBO standing rigging
· Hydraulic magic-trim mainsheet
· Harken 3-speed electric primary winches
· Carbon fibre rudder blade
· Weldox stainless steel fin keel with lead bulb – evaluated and reinforced construction
· Retractable bow and sternthrusters via C-Station joystick docking control
· Recently replaced Volvo D2-75 engine with saildrive gearbox and Gori 3-bladed propeller
· B&G H5000 instrument package with mast-mounted 20/20 displays
· 3x B&G Zeus plotters (at each helm and nav station
· Mastervolt Lithium Ion battery banks
· North Sails 3di mainsail and jib
· Furling Code Zero and Gennakers
· Full galley with stove and refrigerator
· Electric heads plus holding tanks
· Webasto diesel heating
SURF’s current owners have also spent longer periods in the boat so spaces and equipment also work well for longer sailing trips.