BENETEAU First 36 #42
Phone: +386 31 212 432
Booking Code: Seahorse First 36
One of the most awarded boats in history is now available for bareboat charter in Croatia. Experience the thrill of high-performance racing boats on your family holidays without sacrificing onboard comfort. She is brand new and fully equipped for cruising and racing.
Have you ever imagined spending your holidays on a true high-performance planning boat while not giving away onboard living comfort and cruising features? That's exactly what First 36 is delivering, being designed by sailors for sailors! The main promise of the First 36 is an exceptional sailing experience - planning in medium winds by short-handed or fully crewed teams while remaining an all-round boat with the biggest interior volume in class - a perfect club racer and a capable family cruiser.
#42 is located in Croatia in Marina Pirovac, Adriatic Sea, Croatia. The location of the boat is not accidental. Central Adriatic archipelago is one of the best cruising areas in the world for several reasons: distances between the islands are small, perfect for a relaxed cruising mood; the coastline is very »dynamic« with countless bays and small private anchoring possibilities; there is well developed nautical infrastructure, where you can find all you need during your stay – marinas, restaurants & bars, stores, gas stations; last but not least, you can treat yourself with Mediterranean cuisine in variety of restaurants – from domestic family run konobas to fine-dining culinary experiences.
We've been thinking about every detail on the boat for the best possible cruising and sailing experience. Knowing that the boat can welcome many different types of clients, the boat is extensively equipped and provides the experience of being on a private boat.
Sailing & Performance Equipment
Fast, modern, planning sailing is one of the main promises of BENETEAU First 36, and this was our main focus when we were equipping her. She's offering a complete sail plan so you can choose your sails depending on the weather forecast for the coming week.
- OneSails classic full-battened mainsail with sliders,
- OneSails furling jib J1 with vertical battens
Additional Options sails:
- Staysail/inner furling jib in the function of J3, with two use cases: medium to strong wind upwind sail & additional sail with Code0 and Gennakers downwind angles.
- Masthead gennaker A1,5 – maximum sized downwind runner for VMG downwind sailing up to 20 knots, as well as cruising sail in light summer conditions, equipped with sock for easier handling.
- Fractional gennaker A5 - reacher for medium to heavy wind downwind and reaching conditions, as well as a smaller gennaker for cruising in a shorthanded crew, equipped with sock for easier handling.
- Code0 with furler – light wind sail for tight angles and medium wind reacher; easy-going cruising sail in light to medium winds.
Sails are carefully designed and optimised for ORC rating so that the boat will be as competitive as possible on the racing field. ORC certificate will be available after launch in February 2024.
For a proper sailing experience and maximum performance on the racing field, the boat is equipped with the racing-grade B&G H5000 System & Autopilot. Under the mast, there is 12-inch Nemesis display, there is a remote control crucial in shorthanded sailing, as well as a great cruising feature; in front of the helm wheels, there is a chart plotter.
Cruising Equipment & Onboard Comfort
The extremely spacious interior offers very comfortable onboard living for a 36-foot boat, and we've equipped the boat with all the necessities for cruising.
- Galley with gas burner & oven, central fridge with freezing compartment and galley extension
- Additional seawater pump in the galley for reduced consumption of freshwater
- Water heater
- Webasto heating for the entire boat
- Audio pack
- Electric Inverter
The deck offers unparalleled cockpit ergonomics for racing, as well as for cruising. The boat is equipped with the following key cruising equipment:
- Cockpit table (removable for racing purposes)
- Bench-extension boxes (removable for racing purposes)
- Stern shower & bathing ladder
- Sun tent
- Windlass with 16kg anchor for safe anchorage
- Solar panel