Nautor Swan 44
Originally launched in 1972 as Hull No.6, ASTRID has benefitted from a total refit and restoration over the past few seasons, culminating in her relaunch in the Autumn of 2021.
Surveyed following completion of the works, the surveyor summed up her condition with the following words:- “This vessel has been subject to a bare hull refit carried out over many years, including new teak decks, full epoxy treatment, topsides and superstructure re-gel, new machinery, all systems, electronics, deck gear, spars and rig. She is now in ‘as new’ condition, but with the benefit of modern-day technology. She is now in effectively better than new condition.. In my opinion, the value of your boat, for insurance purposes in her current condition, her rarity value, and allowing for the current market is approximately £240,000.00..”
In addition to updating and replacing all of her systems and components, ASTRID has also benefitted from optimisation of her underwater sections including the repositioning of her rudder and skeg further aft to improve her sailing characteristics. Such modifications are popular amongst the Sparkman & Stephens Swans and represents yet another indication of the attention to detail given to the yacht by her obsessive and knowledgeable owner.
Her specification highlights include:-
· Comprehensively refitted, updated and beautifully restored throughout to exacting standards.
· New Beta 50 Marine diesel engine.
· Professionally repositioned rudder and skeg for improved handing and performance.
· All new Selden spars.
· Replaced teak to the deck, cockpit sole and seat bases.
· Beautifully restored chrome stainless steel deck fittings.
· Replaced standing rigging.
· Replaced running rigging.
· Replaced winches.
· New B & G electronics.
· New Radar.
· 2x New B&G Chartplotters.
· New Speed, depth, wind.
· North Sails fully battened main sail with replaced mainsail cover and lazy jacks.
· Replaced sprayhood.
· Replaced interior upholstery.
· Replaced anchor windlass.
· Replaced genoa roller furler.
· Replaced hydraulically operated adjustable back stay.
· Replaced batteries.
· New Inverter.
· Replaced heating.
· Replaced gas oven & stove.
· Replaced Fridge.
Now completed, her owner is planning his next project. ASTRID therefore represents a unique opportunity to acquire a newly restored example of this iconic cult-classic Sparkman & Stephens Swan 44 for immediate delivery and with a price far below that of a new mainstream production yacht of similar size.