B-Yachts Brenta B42 DC
Lead broker - James McNeil
Tel: +44(0)7979 907210
Originating from the legendary Milan based Luca Brenta Yacht Design House, the German-flagged JOLE 2 was launched in 2017 and has only seen very light use throughout her short life. She offers a fantastic opportunity to purchase a very rarely available example of the Brenta B42 with a high specification and at what must be a significant saving over a similar new build B42.
The Brenta B42 was designed to provide a fast yet easily handled and stylish boat but with the ability, unlike her smaller sisterships, to also provide improved levels of stay-aboard comfort for a couple or small family. JOLE 2 has a striking performance orientated sail wardrobe by Doyle Sails which can be flown from her carbon mast comprising; a fully battened flat head mainsail, self-tacking jib on a roller furler and a gennaker. She also has additional features such as; an in-carbon boom furling system, electric Harken winches and Cariboni Power pack for the mainsail sheet, vang and traveller for that all important “push button sailing” experience. Further practical features such as a retractable Bowthruster and electric anchor windlass add to her ease of handling. Additionally, she has twin carbon steering wheels, an electric marine flush heads, grey coloured caulking to her teak deck and cockpit, metallic grey coloured topsides and cabin superstructure. Her large cockpit area provides for not only great space when under sail but also for whilst at anchor or berthed in a marina. Her specification highlights include:
• Composite carbon fibre metallic grey coloured hull.
• Teak decks with grey caulking.
• Harken electric winches.
• Carbon mast.
• Carbon boom with integrated furling system.
• Cariboni Power pack for the mainsail sheet, vang and traveller.
• Pushbutton sail controls at both steering pedestals for the Cariboni power pack.
• Twin carbon steering wheels.
• Volvo D1-30 27 hp diesel engine with low engine hours.
• Saildrive gearbox with a 2-blade folding propeller.
• Doyle Sails’ fully battened Taffetta Technora flat head mainsail.
• Doyle Sails’ Taffetta Technora self-tacking jib on a roller furler.
• Doyle Sails’ Gennaker.
• Electric anchor windlass.
• Electronics by B & G with autopilot.
• Fusion sound system with cockpit and cabin speakers.
• Galley area with a sink, gas stove and refrigerator.
• Folding carbon bathing ladder.
• Retractable mooring cleats.
“Being amongst the major players both in term of design and boat construction ... of the last 20 years of high-tech design and built boats process, this team of high professional individuals has decided to team up to propose a new breed of stylish, high performances, easy to use, semi-custom built boats blending past experiences of typical large custom projects solutions into something new. This team strongly believes in spectacular products, which necessarily needs to be supported by high technical standards both in terms of pure naval architectural thus performances and construction solutions. This is the mission. High weight stability, very generous sail plan, great cockpit comfort and pure sailing pleasure mixed with style. The simple pleasure to spend your time sailing differently.
The B42 has been conceived as a 24 hours boat opposed to the 12 hours B38. Similar cockpit spaces as the 38, larger interiors with a separate full standing head and double berth up forward.
All the rest follows the general design philosophy of her predecessor, featuring the controls at the steering systems and, amongst the option the use of composite rigging that improves stability and reduce acceleration improving sailing comfort”