Baltic Yachts 66
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The first of two Baltic 66’s built on a semi-custom hull design by Judel/Vrolijk and Vismara, SEI TU II is a very well-maintained and recently updated example of this unmistably ‘Baltic’ composite performance cruising yacht.
SEI TU’s composite construction employed the very best techniques available including the use of a special advanced press for all lamination work. The bulkheads and panels of the structural interiors were all constructed using this press, with sandwich laminates veneered with wood. This production method resulted in a significant reduction in weight compared to more classical build methods and at the time of her construction, Baltic Yachts were the first builder to use this advanced technique. Below the waterline, the use of a 3.8m draft keel allowed the keel bulb to be made lighted, while also increasing stability and performance. Below decks, SEI TU boasts a modern, clean-cut look with painted panels in place of wood. This choice has also meant a reduction in weight, so the boat offers even better performance.
From an aesthetic viewpoint, the interiors are linear, modern and show great taste. The craft was built “to size” and is suitable for the weather conditions in the Mediterranean. R. Vrolijk, decided to increase sail area which, in addition to the light displacement and greater stability, will add to the boat’s performance, above all in light wind conditions. The project is a result of the combined skills of Vismara Yacht Design, Ciappini interiors and R&J Design.
2020/22 Refit highlights:
· New Awlgrip painted topsides and exposed deck areas
· Replacement standing rigging
· New North Sails mainsail and genoa
2015 Refit highlights:
· Teak deck: polishing, replacement of all skylights frames, restored seams and caps of teak
· Replacing all the struts of skylights, Peak and garage doors
· Maintenance of the companionway entry surrounds
· Overhaul of all the winches and motors. New motor for halyard winch. New buttons in all.
· Overhaul of Sanguinetti bow capstan
· Teak deck maintenance
· Stern flaps hinges, garage and new catwalk;
· Repainted the side of the deck
· New spray hood
· Fitment of bowthruster
· Overhaul of running rigging
· Cleaning the fuel tank
· Overhaul of all pumps
· New seacocks - eliminated unnecessary, added inspection doors
· New rubber Volvo shaft seals and propeller shaft
· Engine overhaul
· Two new generators
· Overhaul water maker
· New home automation system with tablets and smartphones
· 10 new batteries for services