Please go to http://bit.ly/NSB-Swan90-B5 for a full description of B5
The yacht has been bought one year ago after a successful previous life as a racing yacht, which proved to be the best way to contain her usage and preserve her systems along the years, as the real time spent at sea has been reduced to a minimum.
Along this year the present owner, a real passionate sailor and cruiser, gave a burst of improvement to the yacht following his philosophy of constantly maintain and upgrade his boats to a top standard.
In this process the focus has been to enhance the cruising ability of the yacht, maintaining all the racing gear to dress her up when required.
The main Upgrades of the 2016 have been:
- New EC6 carbon rigging
- Increased battery size, with an innovative Li-Ion system from MasterVolt. The aim has been to fit within the same weight almost 3 times more power availability (80Kw), with a 12KW capable inverter system that can power the all boat with a full aircond for about 12h, or the yacht without aircond for days, saving many hours of generator running and extending its life. This is the biggest lithium battery system done from MasterVolt Italy ever.
- The generator has been put to Zero hours, with full revision of engine head, cylinders, pistons, pistons rings, valves tolerances, injection system (HP pump and injectors)
- In order to focus more on the cruising it has been installed a 3 drawer ventilated fridge for vegetables or other of about 120lt, fully supported by the extra power available
- A custom tender of 3,5mt has been built specifically for this yacht, together with its hauling and launching system with motorized winch. The tender has a 20hp engine, an aluminium hull and a foldable stern in order to fit into the garage without removing the outboard engine, it has teak walking areas and custom cushions
- All the running rigging has been renewed with top quality Gottifredi&Mafioli material (halyards, sheets, etc.)
- The mainsail track and cars have been exchanged from sliders to spheres, allowing a way broader range of usage and a way more seaworthy operation
- New hydraulic battery pack
- The navigation electronics has been updated and two Furuno NavNet2 touch screen plotters introduced, together with a MiniMac, extra B&G material, etc.
- The entertaining system has been refreshed with a new flat tv and stereo system for saloon and cockpit
- Propeller swap with a Brunton Varifold 4 blades (folding)
- Boiler warming system, beside 3 electrical resistances, improved with main engine and generator heat exchangers. This saves a lot of energy and allow always hot water onboard