Starkel Star 60
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
From the board of Roberto Starkel and with project management by Alessandro Vismara, MARIE CLAIRE is one of three Starkel 60’s built by the Stella Polare shipyard in Fiumicino, Italy. The first was another Vismara project, built to the order of the former Italian Prime Minister Massimo Dalema and proven highly successful on the regatta circuit as well as being an excellent offshore cruising yacht. MARIE CLAIRE was then commissioned by a long-time Vismara client who had previously owned a string of Baltic Yachts. The coachroof profile and deck configuration of MARIE CLAIRE was carried across from the Baltic 60 ‘MATTONE’ and the yacht was built in cold-moulded Mahogany with carbon structures to an extremely high specification by the Artisans at Stella Polare.
Featuring a special Weldox box-blade keel with lead bulb, carbon fibre rudder and custom-made Martsrom carbon fibre rig with carbon Park Avenue boom, MARIE CLAIRE is a thoroughbred sailing yacht with all the benefits of wood epoxy construction – namely low weight, high stiffness and unparalleled insulation against noise, heat and vibration. Although not well suited to production manufacture (as the hulls cannot be moulded on a production line as with GRP), wood epoxy is considered by many to be the optimum material for performance cruising yachts and alongside a string of notable carbon fibre built yachts launched in recent years, Vismara is now working extensively in wood epoxy with a number of new designs in this construction due for launch in 2020/21.
Internally, MARIE CLAIRE shares her similarities with Baltic Yachts designs with a beautifully executed teak interior featuring a luxurious owner’s cabin aft, complete with centreline double berth, two twin guest cabins forward and a further twin bunk cabin for guests of crew in the walkthrough aft, plus one further crew cabin in the forepeak.
Now in her second ownership of 6 years, MARIE CLAIRE has seen a continual programme of refit and upgrade in recent seasons including teak deck overhaul, fitment of a new generator, Garmin navigation geat, new Millennium sails, fitment of a bowsprit and gennaker and so on.
MARIE CLAIRE’s specification highlights include:-
· Mahogany cold-moulded construction with carbon structures
· Teak deck with Baltic 60 twin cockpit deck configuration
· Recently re-faired underwater profile
· Weldox custom box keel with lead bulb and carbon rudder
· Marstom custom carbon mast with carbon Park Avenue boom
· Electric winches
· Hydraulic furling genoa
· Millennium Sails regatta/cruise mainsail and genoa
· Gennaker with bowsprit
· Fully-battened mainsail system with low-friction battencars, stackpack and lazyjacks
· All sail controls led aft to cockpit with sub-deck halyards
· Upgraded Garmin navigation system with plotters, radar and fish-finder
· Flush deck hatches
· Sanguinetti retractable mooring winch
· MaxPower bowthruster
· Volvo 150hp diesel engine
· Recently replaced MASE 9kw generator
· Gel battery banks
· Diesel fired cabin heating
· Washing machine
· Teak interior joinery
· 3-guest cabins, further twin guest/crew cabin plus forepeak crew cabin. Three guest heads.