X-Yachts X-412 Modern
Lead Broker - Alex Grabau
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
A late Mk1 X-412, ZAPHOD also benefits from the popular ‘Modern’ layout plan which features three double cabins, 2-heads, a large saloon and a linear galley along the starboard side.
Originally ordered in 1992 for delivery at the beginning of the 1993 season, ZAPHOD was configured for twin handed cruiser racing and family sailing. In her original ownership, she went on to score a first in the AZAB (Azores and Back) and fastest over the water in the Triangle Race. Following this, she had a more leisurely life cruising the UK and Med with 6-8 months a year spent ashore and out of commission.
Purchased by her current owner in the UK in 2006, she headed north to Scandinavia where she has been cruised around the West Coast of Sweden.
Much updated by her current owner, ZAPHOD is now offered for sale at a very realistic price to make way for a much larger yacht. Her recent updates include:-
· New spray hood, cockpit cover and new wheel cover in light grey with a dark blue liner to optimize her for cruising.
· Epoxy treatment and epoxy copper coat treatment
· New soleboards in 2011 which have been newly varnished
· An updated autopilot with increased electronic pulsing and a remote control
· Two furlers. One for a No.3 genoa and the other is the Code-Zero fuller with light weight sheets.
· New Fusion radio with outdoor speakers
· The teak deck was newly restored and recaulked.
· New marine toilets.
· New shower bilge pump.